We look forward to seeing you at GeoConvention in a few weeks. Please find below informaiton and resources to help in your preparations. Please contact email@example.com should you have any questions.
All Presentation Types
- Please keep your abstract confirmation handy (XXXSXXX) - this is your key to presentation uploads, information submission and registration discount
- If you have not done so already, please acknowledge your participation, upload your bio and head shot and confirm presentation details by clicking the link in your acceptance email.
- All presenters must be registered Convention Delegates. Please register online at: www.geoconvention.com/registration before March 15 to confirm you placement in the program
If you have an update to your submission please email your updated paper to Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note your confirmation number of our original submission.
- Each presenter will be scheduled for a total of 25 minutes (20 minute presentation and 5 minute discussion period). Please keep in mind that the time schedule is fixed so that attendees may move between sessions.
- Presentations should be prepared in 16:9 format, in PowerPoint, a template is provided below should you wish to use it (not required).
- There will be a Speaker's Breakfast each morning of the conference for all speakers presenting on that day, 7:15am-8:15am in the Exhibition pre-function area (just past registration). It is requested that you attend so that you can:
- meet your Session Chairs
- meet the other presenters in your session
- ensure the most current version of your presentation is uploaded to conference computers
- coordinate any final presentation details
The poster sessions will take place May 7th through 9th at the TELUS Convention Centre in the exhibit hall.
Due to the popularity of the posters, we ask that all posters hang for the entire convention.
Posters must be posted the Sunday preceding the conference or Monday before 9am
Presentation times are scheduled from 10:00am - 10:30am and 2:45pm - 3:15pm
Poster Presenters need to prepare a 10 minute Mini-Oral presentation to be delivered at the scheduled time. These presentations will be given to delegates in attendance as well as industry judges. Due to the volume of posters, the judges will have to adhere to a strict timeline and will be unable to accommodate longer presentations, however poster presenters are encouraged to present less formal presentations throughout the duration of the day to other interested delegates. If you are unable or unwilling to present your poster orally, please be in touch at your earliest convenience.
Poster display panel dimensions are 4 ft. (vertical) by 8 ft. (horizontal). If you need two panels, please advise Breanne at email@example.com
Your poster should include both the title and authors of your presentation, as no separate title will be supplied. Make the poster easy to follow in case it is viewed when you are not present. The poster should have a clear starting and ending point. Arrows or numbers should be used to define poster progression and generally should follow left to right, top to bottom rules. The abstract should be kept as a handout and not used as part of the poster. You can use bullet text at the start of your poster to emphasize the main points that will grab the interest of your audience.
Design Hints for Posters
- Good poster design equals SIMPLICITY - Make all illustrations simple and bold.
- Present only enough data to support your conclusions
- The title should be legible from two to three meters away
- Use elements of different sizes along with a mixture of shapes and straight lines to attract the viewer’s attention. A large and/or bright centre of interest can draw the eye to the most important aspect of the poster
- Enlarge all illustrations enough for pertinent details to be clearly evident
- All lettering should be visible from 2 meters away. Font size should be at least 18 point
- Text material on the poster should be brief, while colours should be well thought out and applied sparingly
No Show PolicyBy submitting your abstract, you are agreeing that you will be available to present during the 2019 GeoConvention, May 13-15. If you do not agree with one or more of the statements, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I understand that papers should be submitted only by authors who are certain of their availability to attend the Conference and also of their ability to deliver effective presentations.
- I understand that all presenters must register as a delegate to attend the meeting (discounted delegate presenter rate)
- I understand that GeoConvention has implemented a No-Show policy effective for the 2019 program and will be enforced per the outline below:
PolicyIf no one appears to present an accepted paper (poster or oral) that is listed in the Delegate Handbook, the presenting author will be placed on a No-Show List unless excused by the Technical Chair. Abstracts submitted to a subsequent Convention in which the presenting author is on the No-Show List will be automatically rejected. For the first offense, the presenting author will be placed on the No-Show List for two years. If there is re-occurrence, the time will double for each subsequent offence. Additionally, secondary authors will be put on a Non-Compliant List for one year and so notified. If an author remains on the Non-Compliant List for three years, the author moves to the No-Show List. Presenting authors who withdraw their paper in writing to the Technical Chairs before four weeks prior to the commencement of the Conference will be considered compliant and not be placed on the No-Show List. Presenting authors that withdraw or are a no-show after this date are placed on the No-Show List at the discretion of the Technical Program Chair.
By submitting your abstract you allow GeoConvention to publish and promote your submission through all media formats including USB sticks and archiving. GeoConvention will not own the material and the material will remain the property of the individual submitter. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Take the opportunity to deliver your message both months ahead and during the convention. Click here for more information.
Sign up for the GeoConvention newsletter and keep up-to-date on convention news and events.
Your privacy is very important to us. Please note that GeoConvention Partnership does not and will not provide or sell our attendee information to any external parties. Caution should be exercised if dealing with any organization offering to provide conference delegate information.