Student Travel Assistance Program
Student Travel Assistance Program Sponsored by:
GeoConvention offers students an exciting opportunity to learn and to network with top industry professionals. This program is designed to assist students who wish to attend the convention and may not have the financial means to do so. Approved applicants will receive 75% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $500 CAD to cover travel expenses.
To be eligible for the travel assistance, candidates must
- Have a primary residence outside of Calgary, Alberta
- Be a student at an educational institution outside of Calgary, Alberta
- Be a student member of one of the organizing societies (Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists or Canadian Well Logging Society)
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA (must provide a current transcript or proof of academic standing)
- Complete the application form
To apply, complete the application form via the following link Student Travel Assistance Program Application before March 31, 2017. You must include:
- A current transcript or proof of academic standing
- A detailed estimation of expenses
- A reference letter from a faculty member
Applications will be reviewed in early March and acceptance notifications will be sent by email by April 10, 2017.
All expenses must be paid by the applicant and will be reimbursed (up to $500 CAD or 75% of eligible expenses) following the convention. A copy of your receipts and a completed expense report must be submitted no later than May 31, 2017.
GeoConvention will reimburse 75% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $500 CAD (based on final receipts). Eligible expenses include:
- Travel Costs (airfare, bus fare, car rental, cab fare, gas, etc.)
- Hotel accommodations
- Meals (during the convention or on travel days)
Registration fees will not be eligible for the travel assistance program but by volunteering a minimum of 8 hours, you can attend GeoConvention 2017 for free! Contact us to learn more - email@example.com.
GeoConvention reserves the right to decline any expense claims deemed inappropriate or unreasonable by the organizing committee.
Attendance is mandatory and reimbursements will not be given without record of registration and attendance on-site.
Sign up for the GeoConvention newsletter and keep up-to-date on convention news and events.
Conference at a Glance
Exhibit Hall – May 15 – 17
Conference – May 15 – 17
Core Conference – May 18 – 19
Core Meltdown – May 19
Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
North and South Buildings
120 8th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta